After Directives given coming from president mohammadu Buhari in its last broadcast to relax lockdown in Ogun, Lagos and federal capital Territory (FCT), the Presidential Task Force (PTF) as part of the directive have released new guidelines for the containment regulation of Covid-19 from May 4th 2020.
The regulation and containment which was reeled out by the secretary to the government of the federation, Boss Mustapha and that which was monitored by urban Express-News Online Correspondent on Channels Television broadcast network stated that anyone with a face mask in the public will be prosecuted
The guidelines were also specific about information to the general public, guidance to states and security agencies and description of activities allowed under the new phase.
The SGF said, “Anyone who presents a temperature of above 38ºC will be mandated to return home and call NCDC for evaluation.
“Anyone without a face mask/covering will be asked to return home and will be prosecuted.
“Anyone violating the curfew in a non-emergency situation will be prosecuted. Anyone attending a gathering of more than 20 people will be prosecuted.
“Any member of the public who violates the ban on Inter-State movement as outlined in this guideline will be prosecuted.”
The statement also stated guidelines for the ease of lockdown in Lagos, Ogun and the FCT.
It said, “Following improvements in the multi-sectoral response to COVID-19 pandemic, the Federal Government of Nigeria has decided that there will be a phased and gradual easing of the lockdown in Lagos and Ogun States as well as the Federal Capital Territory effective from Monday, 4th May 2020.
“The easing of the lockdown will be characterized by the mandatory use of non-medical face mask/covering for all persons while in public spaces. Latex hand gloves should not be worn except for specific medical purposes.
“The mandatory provision of handwashing facilities/sanitizers in all public places. All interstate travel is prohibited except for essential travels and services such as transportation of agricultural products, petroleum products, relief items, goods, commodities related to the COVID-19 response, and persons on essential duty.”
The new advisory also prohibited the mass gathering of more than 20 people outside of a workplace while there would be controlled access to markets and locations of economic activities. The FG retained the ban on all passenger flights with religious gatherings also restricted.
For intra-state travel in public transport, the guideline-recommended a maximum of 50 per cent of usual occupancy while taxis were ordered to carry only four persons including the driver.
“All schools to remain closed until further evaluation. Schools are encouraged to continue with e-learning and visual teaching. State governments and security agencies are enjoined to ensure effective and strict enforcement of these guidelines.
Meanwhile, Lagos state had today Friday announced the death of Coronavirus patient
The governor, mr Babajide sanwo-olu announced this on his verified twitter handle saying 26 other patients had been discharged from state isolation centres.
His words: “Today, 26 more Covid 19 Lagos patients, 14 males and 12 females including two foreign nationals to reunite with the society, Mr governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu said on his Twitter handle.
“The patients, 14 from the Mainland Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba and 12 from the Onikan Isolation Centre were discharged having fully recovered and tested negative to COVID-19 in two consecutive readings”.
“With this, the number of #COVID19 confirmed cases that have been successfully managed and discharged in Lagos is now 225.”
Announcing the new fatality, the Lagos State Ministry of Health tweeted, “45 new cases of #COVID-19 Infection confirmed. Total confirmed cases in Lagos now 992. Unfortunately, one #COVID19 death was recorded. This brings the total number of #COVID-19 related deaths in Lagos to 21.”