Sunday, 13 October 2019

Flood Devastation In Ondo Schools; Akeredolu Direct Closure For Three Weeks: Olusegun Ariyo






Image result for flood in ondo
Following Persistent flood activities ravaging Ondo schools, the Ondo state governor; Rotimi Akeredolu has Directed Primary and secondary schools submerged by flood in the state to proceed on three weeks holiday from Monday (Tomorrow)
Recall that urban Express-News Online had earlier in one of its reports, detailed how findings reveal the ways climate change activities  mostly coming with human-induced factor had cause a lot of devastation in Akure specifically where some inhabitant told our the correspondent that there has been a particular occasion  where some amount of money allocated to cohesion those effects did not have any positive impact in stemming the tide.

https://www.urbanexpresslive.com/2019/09/fossil-fuel-and-flood-circle-in-akure.html


A statement from the commissioner for information and orientation, Mr Donald Ojogo on Saturday said the directive followed flash flood which affected most flood-prone areas in the state, especially the riverside communities.
Urban express news online also reported that heavy rainfall between September and October of every year  in that said location is usually devastating and damaging given its reoccurring decimal over the years.

https://www.urbanexpresslive.com/2019/09/fossil-fuel-and-flood-circle-in-akure.html
According to the commissioner, the order becomes necessary to forestall incidents that may affect vulnerable pupils in the flood-ravaged areas.
Ojogbo said, “It is also aimed at protecting valuables from avoidable destruction. All headteachers and principals are to enforce this directive and, in particular, ensure that all perishable educational materials are evacuated while the government works out remedial logistics, believing that the floods would recede within the period of the three weeks holiday.”

No comments:

Post a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...