Following the report that was made public by Amnesty international on herdsmen/farmers’ clashes which indicted the federal government for failing to stop the killings of 3,641 Nigerians by herdsmen in the last three years
The former vice president and the presidential candidate of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party while reacting, say herdsmen killing will continue except Nigerians change this present administration by voting them outcome 2019.
In a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Communication, Mr Phrank Shaibu, the former Vice- President described the Presidency’s response to the report as “tepid.”
He said, “Unless Nigerians vote out the All Progressives Congress administration, killings by herdsmen will continue and ultimately spark series of ethnoreligious crises that will be irreversible.
“It is now very clear, like Amnesty International said in its report, that the Federal Government under President Muhammadu Buhari has displayed gross incompetence and has failed in its duty to protect the lives of its people who have witnessed many preventable deaths.
Atiku said the Federal Government lacked the capacity to stop the security challenges confronting the nation which he said had left thousands of Nigerians either killed or maimed.
He added, ‘’after every attack, either by herdsmen or by kidnappers, the government will vow to get the culprits and punish them. Then more deaths will occur and the government will repeat its vow.
“This is not reassuring to the people of Nigeria as well as foreigners who may want to do business in the country.
“Therefore, it is now clear that in spite of their best efforts, Buhari and his party, the APC, cannot stop the herdsmen and other criminal elements currently terrorizing the country.”
In the same vein, another death has also been recorded along keffi Nasarrawa state involving the former chief of defence staff Air chief marshal Alex Badeh.
Confirming the development in a statement signed by Director of public relation and information of the nigeria Airforce, Air commodore ibikunle Daramola said Badeh died from gunshot wounds he sustained when his vehicle was attacked along Nassarawa keffi after leaving his farm
The statement reads:” It is with a heavy heart that I regretfully announce the unfortunate demise of former Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Sabundu Badeh, who died today, 18 Dec 18, from gunshot wounds sustained when his vehicle was attacked while returning from his farm along Abuja-Keffi Road.
“On behalf officers, airmen and airwomen of the Nigerian Air Force, the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, commiserates with the family of the late former Chief of Defence Staff over this irreparable loss. We pray that the Almighty God grants his soul eternal rest.”
Badeh has been facing trial since 2016 at the Federal High Court, Abuja, for alleged N3.97billion fraud brought against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Ever since he was granted bail to the tune of N2billion on March 10, Badeh had been regular in court to face his trial.
He was expected to open his defence on the next adjourned dates of January 16 and 17, following the dismissal of his application for ‘no case submission’.