Wednesday, 25 July 2018

Police Present Progress Report On “Operation Restore Sanity on Lagos Metropolis” Parade Suspected Kidnappers, Others






Image result for parading suspects lagos


The gridlock that has made Lagos metropolis impassable leading to heavy traffic coming with many bottlenecks causing havoc within the metropolis of the state is gradually easing. This development is said to be coming positive after vice president Osinbajo’s visits to Apapa traffic congestion as result of the heavy presence of truck cascading every route linking the economic gateway of the country where movements of vehicles seem more on stand-still.
The harrowing experiences encapsulate the entire stretch of funsho William Avenue, Oshodi Apapa Expressway, for example, are not motorable and another major road was badly affected as a result of the presence of heavy trucks, “giving birth to operation restore sanity on Lagos roads” 



Presenting progress report in ensuring access standards on its metropolis, the Lagos state police command in a statement made available  to urban express news online through the police public relation officer Csp chike Oti said; there is a  sigh of relief now and that this was achieved through the intervention of multi-agencies operating under the umbrella of “operation sanity on Lagos roads” which it had used in succeeding to ameliorating to a minimum levels of degree those seemingly intractable challenges.

 Oti said part of what they are presenting is that the team under operation ‘sanity’
   Made use of alternative space tentatively to have a temporary location where trucks were diverted in other to accommodate them temporarily.

“In order to find a sustainable solution to these persistent challenges and its attendant's consequence on the law-abiding citizen plying routes we present our scorecards so far in proving temporary solution on these onerous assignments flagged off by vice president Osinbajo on Friday, 20 July 2018”
“Details of the said tankers showing numbers of tankers and temporarily space locations, where those trucks were parked, indicates a total of 1,984 trucks that are seen situated in various locations.


Oti said although, in the cause of implementing its solution mechanisms, essentially it encountered lack of heavy equipment particularly heavy towing vans to lift containers as results of what was discovered seeing some of those trucks being grounded, allowing for the slow pace of operation.


“We also had to deal with the non-corporative attitudes of some of the drivers, who thought the government may want to use such opportunity to impound their vehicles, despite assurances from their union leaders and the bottleneck encountered with facility providers who complained about late notification”



He said as part of providing a sustainable solution to all said challenges, the Lagos state had on its part signified an intention to engage the facility owner’s operators to enable them to reach a common ground

“On our part, we shall, in conjunction with the union leaders, engage the truck drivers to sustain and key into meaningful framework projected at reducing to the barest minimum, the challenges faced within those identified locations in the interest of the public. as we all urge all stakeholders to continue joining hands at ensuring that our roads are free of encumbrance once again”

“The importance of safety of lives and property is indeed our responsibility and this we would not relent in ensuring that it is sustained” the was the submission of the Lagos state commissioner of police Mr Imohimi Edgal while parading suspected kidnappers arrested within Lagos metropolis.


Narrating how it all started, the CP. said one Adetilewa Taiwo of No 3, kosumi lane within Ketu Metropolis reported a case of kidnapping at Ketu police division explaining how he receive a distress call from a phone Number telling him that, his daughter Daucas Adilewa, a female within 19 years age bracket being held hostage by her abductors, saying if he does not want her killed, he should pay a ransom of the sum of six hundred thousand naira as ransom to secure her release. Edgal said this was how he directed that the be immediately transferred to the anti-kidnapping section, in Panti for discreet investigation.


“The Number used to calling the said complaints went through forensic analysis in ascertaining the geospatial location which indicated ijebu-Igbo area of Ogun state”.
 He said their anti-kidnapping operatives after getting a lead intelligence, swung into action and successfully combed that said location in search of the supposed victim till the following morning, while the search was ongoing at ijebu-Igbo, the location of the said kidnapper changed to ikotun in Lagos and the search party had to move towards the changed location in ikotun back in Lagos.

“After a while, the kidnapper on noticing that the police were closing in on them,
Decided to call the complainants to inform him that she has been released after he had deposited the sum of eight hundred thousand (N8, 00,000) in her Account”

The statement put further that when the said Dorcas Adilewa was being debriefed upon her release, she confessed, revealing that she actually planned with her friend one ifeoluwa Ogunbajo who provided her with accommodation at 174, Adeboye road, okesopin at ijebu Igbo in Ogun state to hide and the phone that they used in demanding for the ransom.
Responding to journalists when asked about her reason for such action, Dorcas said she did what she did in other to extort money from her father.

Oti said investigation still in progress and that after completion; suspects will be charged to court.
Contact;@Editor urbanexpressnews@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...