NIGERIAN ENVIRONMENTAL SOCIETY (NES)
THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL STUDENT SUMMIT
INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN ESSAY COMPETITION
TITLE OF ESSAY: ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA – WE ALL HAVE A ROLE TO PLAY
- All undergraduates of Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Technology and/or Education) are invited to participate in the Essay Competition organized by the Nigerian Environmental Society as part of the First International Environmental Student Summit, which is holds from August 18 – 20, 2016.
- The prize for the overall best essay is a cash gift of N75,000 (seventy five thousand Naira only) and a certificate of merit.
- The 2nd and 3rd runners up will also receive prizes and certificates
- The essay competition is open to all Undergraduate Students across Nigeria (contestants will be required provide evidence of their studentship e.g., photocopy of student ID Card)
- Essays will be judged on the following criteria: - relevance, content, structure, originality, creativity and grammar.
- Each essay entry must be accompanied by a one page covering letter and photocopy of the Student’s Identity Card. The covering letter should provide the following information:
§ Name of contestant
§ Name of Institution
§ Year of admission
§ Course of study
§ Anticipated year of graduation
§ Name of Head of Department
§ E-mail address
- Writing Guidelines
o Essays must be typed using MS-Word and submitted electronically – no hard copies will be entertained.
o Essays should be typed in 1.5 spacing in Time Roman font
o Maximum number words excluding covering letter and title should be 2,500
o Font Sizes
§ 14 for the Title (Bold, All caps)
§ 12 for the Author’s Name(s) (Bold, First letter cap)
§ 12 for Institution, Course and contact details
§ 12 for entire text including headings references etc.
§ Main headings should be bold and All caps
§ Sub-headings should be bold but only first letter in Capital
- Failure to comply with the essay submission guidelines may result in disqualification.
- Essays that are found to have plagiarized other works will be disqualified.
All entries should be submitted by e-mail not later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, August 5, 2016 to:email@example.com